To P.B.Shelly

Aoidē
Come to me …
Come to me like a verse of a love
To which I call in the night when the breath of Bacchus
has waxed away All inhibition.
how long do you mean be content!
Meletē
Come to me …
Come to me like a lover
Though we have shared true love in word and thought
May we share a in the gifts of Eros
So that in that single embrace we may dare Thanatos.
How long do you mean be content.
Mnēmē
Come to me
Like the girl that you were when the snowflakes fell
Believing that you can find true love without
the pain of total obliteration of the soul.
How long do you mean be content?
Muse
Come to me.
I can no longer wait,
Soon my name shall be writ on water
And my bones in the ground will rot
Come to me …
I need write only a final chapter.
how long do you mean be content!?

homage (to the poets of old)  Summer 2014


Comments