Deka - Dodeka




 1 

Already got to the mainland... 
And just the memories linger and change shape ... 
The city is horrible , 
the loneliness crippling ... 
But the calm port calls and i want to go back there ... 
Maybe settle and make a hearth ... 
But the living sea will not let me ... 
Many more waves and whirlpools i must brave . 
Yet the memory lingers ... And changes shape .

 2

The eve when I left Piraeus 
the worlds weight around my neck hung ... 
I sailed out lone and broken. 
To the last refuge of the cross bearers
- an angel to meet was I .
Moves the ship , 
letting Atina behind the waves fall . 
A dark sea , and a red moon. 
Just me and the stars upon the upper deck . 
Soon after did we , all sight of land lose. 
The loneliness , darkest night . 
A sea of darkness ... 
And me on a lone island of light in its midst

 3

In the night sky 
Above the mainland lights 
a Red ripe cherry 
hangs 

Drops of blood 
come down of it
And drip into 
the blackest sea 

As an island of light 
moves through 
the waves 
and follows the bloody trail

 4

Dearest face , 
Angels Voice ,
You who dabble with tongues.
Old friend !

You know words and
You know pain 

Pricked by the same 
thorns you have been. 
Bare upon me 
old friend 
All your burdens.
So I Can lay 
upon you mine.

Angel.
we both have 
lost our way 
in the tempests

Carry each other 
The least we can do. 

 5

Heat 
and no wind.
The sea a mirror ,
salty day dreams 
sweaty thoughts.
A songbird 
Incaged :
Two whispering 
wings , neverstreched
-unflown,
and a reflection to 
sing to .
Old sandstones 
and Heraldry.
and cats toying 
with the hearts
off strangers.
slug trails of life ,
once lived -
now forgotten.
The heat 
making us sweat out 
what we were.

 6

The big blue wet thing 
has made my thoughts wonder 
toward memories of you ... 
Maybe its cause in the photos
of the concert  
you looked so happy ... 
Maybe its cause 
an old sailor brought to port by storms 
comes to think of things 
long lost ,
in ports long forgotten . 
I don't know ... Sorry to bother you love. 
But you really should see this calm port I found 
with crystal clear water 
and loving and good people .

 7

On The sun kissed island,
 when we disembarked,
the heat had struck. 
All there was but rock on rock. 
Not fit to throw seed or sow.
I thought : what beauty 
may such a barren place hold.
Like me it was -
A burned rock in a boiling sea. 
But soon as we walked through the village 
I saw that for all things it lacked, 
nay only beauty was not in want.

 8

In a calm port ... 
Time loses meaning ... 
All you hear is the sound of your own voice narrating ... 
And you start to feel human again. 
And feel parts of your mind and body
you have not felt for a long time... 
And then time stops 
and all you know melts in the heat ... 
And all you know is you ... 
What you missed , 
what you gained , 
what you loved , 
and what you lost. 
And again time melts ... 
And days seem forever and pass within minutes ... 
And everything is in wobbly time and space ... 
Until she , your mistress - thalassa 
calls you back into the waves and black boiling waters …

 9

Upon return the ship rocked ,ever west ... 
ever north and 
never true to each . 
Rolling waves and rising winds.
A fitting end to the great saga.
Near Asia's shore 
the heilos we sent to bed , 
and then westward set to Atlantis's bane. 
that black eye mid surf 
that stands and its iris grate nautilus is. 
And as the night set thallassa did again start to boil. 
Black boiling waters as far as eye can see . 
Yet the my soul remained calm and content.

 10

Amid the 12 children of Helios 
a stranger I did met . 
but after with him conversing 
saw but a mirror .
And as I exited through the port gate 
of that fair castle 
that the poor brothers had build ... 
Realized I had that which i sought 
always with in me was. 
Now- rocks the ship and 
slowly gains the distance 
A port far to again see  
Which I left on the rising red moon . 
Yet no moon lights my path this night . 
just the black sea and me . 
But when I arrive I know that the sun will rise.

11

As if expecting my return 
The last crescent moon blooded 
from the sea rose as we past 
Saint George and into the straights went 
To the west the mainland loomed 
And a return to normality 
The sea still dark .
But as the old cliche goes 
the night darkest before dawn seemed 
As I gazed on Orion and the Pleiades to the north 
Back to Europa the ship sailed , 
 my self kissed by the sun 
and vigor filled I awaited to disembark.

 12

10 days out to sea , 
Two blue stars , 
One on the first night 
sailing the heaven east and south
One on the last , 
to the west and north . 
Sisters counter crossing the sky, 
my path to guide

 Август 2018 


Comments