... day has come


Defeated

Defeated by the Sun again

In pain

My insides tangled like yarn rolls

Dried up tears on my face 

Messy hair and lost gaze


I lost

Another battle and I'm down

The light is still pale

But it aches under my skin 

I have you

You're in the whole of me

But you're not inside these thoughts


You're the island of bliss

But around it is water, deep and dark

Around the water a forest, misty and dense

I get stuck in between the branches 

As I run to you

My hair is tangled

My clothes torn


I am reaching, I promise

My hands are bloody from ripping the vines

The Sun came out again

It whispers at first

Then screams to remind me

That I'm back to where I started from


I'm beaten all over

This invisible force is pulling me down

Seeing your face births a lifeline

A cause, to stay...

To see what happens

The pain, oh the pain of holding this heaviness inside


Close the blinds

Turn off the Sun

A different warmth is that I crave

A blanket of love

A soft candle and that tender breath


Tell me it's here

Tell me it's coming

Tell me I'll reach the end of this forest

Tell me I'll learn to swim back to the island

And find myself again

And win myself again

And feel that beautiful evergreen gaze on me again


Tell me...

And I'll believe you...





Comments